Behold, the Pumpkin Gingerbread with Chocolate Chips
Hello, everyone! Halloween is just around the corner, and here at Sweet and Salty SF, Here is a little recipe to stave off your hunger before heading out on an adventure-filled-trick-or-treating Halloween night!
Due to the high demand last week, we whipped up three yummy batches of this Pumpkin Gingerbread for our friends and family!
Below you will find a photo taken by our good friends, where the last eighth of the Pumpkin Gingerbread is laying on the cutting board awaiting its final destination.
Pumpkin Gingerbread with Chocolate Chips
Based on Allrecipes.com
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: Approximately 2 hours
Serves: 2 9×5″ loaves & 2 mini loaves
- 2 tablespoons butter (or alternative for greasing the pan)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325degrees F.
- Lightly grease loaf pans/mini loaf pans.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and clove. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth.
Add water and pumpkin puree and beat until well blended.
Almost done! Now, add dry ingredients 1/3 at a time to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Then, fold in chocolate chips.
Divide batter between prepared pans, pouring until batter fills only 3/4 of pan.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 50 mins (9×5 loaf); 1 hr 15 mins (mini loaves).
Warning: Your house will smell heavenly while baking.
Indulge and enjoy 😉
Happy halloween, everyone!!!
- Try with a fresh cup of coffee.
- Try with peanut butter! 🙂
- Revive the velvety chocolate chips by reheating the bread in the oven or microwave