Roses are red
Violets are blue
Today I don’t have too much to say to you
I just put a whole pan
Of Oooey Gooey Agave Butter Bars into my face
Which is why, for words, there isn’t much space
When I get over these dessert bars
Later this week, in fact
I’ll be back, with my dignity (hopefully) still intact
So for today, just enjoy
Some sweet, delicious fun
These butter bars are calling your name – bet you can’t have just one.
Agave Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 + 1 c. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 + 1 1/4 c. white sugar, granulated, divided
- 1/2 + 2/3 c. unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 c. light agave nectar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To prepare the crust, combine one and one half cups flour and one fourth cup sugar in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in one half cup of butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into the prepared pan and set aside.
- Beat remaining butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in agave nectar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract just until combined. Beat in the half-and-half, alternating with the remaining flour, beating just until you have a uniform batter. Gently spread the batter into crust-lined baking pan. Bake until center is just set, approximately 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan before using the parchment paper to remove and slicing into bars.